India produces about 70% of the world’s Indian spices – isn’t it a fact to feel proud of as an Indian? Traditional spices serve as the main ingredient for authentic Indian cuisines and so, they find a very special place in every Indian kitchen, both in their whole and ground forms. Spices not only add richness to the delicacies but also add uniqueness in tastes and flavors that make one recipe so different from the other. Indian spices can be consumed in their whole as well as ground forms. However, there are many differences between these two forms and one is more beneficial than the other.
Why Should You Purchase And Use Whole Spices More in Your Cooking?
Almost every Indian spice is available in its whole form and some of these spices can be consumed in that very way. The whole spices are the dried seeds, barks, leaves, and roots of the plants that are rich in aromatic oils and flavors. You can buy both Indian whole spices and ground spices from the online store of TajSpices, which is the best place to buy Indian groceries online in the UK.
Though ground spices are more popular today in modern kitchens as they are easy to use and mix with the other ingredients, whole spices are always the better alternatives and there are some reasons for this.
- The unique and rich aroma, flavors, and freshness of the spices remain intact in their whole forms and when you grind them and add them to your recipe, they work their very best to make the dish flavorful.
- You can conveniently stock whole spices and grind them at home by using a grinder as and when required. But, while some whole spices like cumin, coriander, and cardamom seeds are easy to grind, some whole spices like cinnamon sticks, cloves, dried ginger, nutmeg, etc., can be very difficult to grind into fine particles at home.
- Whole and ground forms of the same spice produce different flavors, and needless to say, whole spices definitely give the better ones.
- Whole spices have a much longer shelf life than their ground alternatives as the oils, flavors, and aroma inside the seeds remain intact until they are ground.
- Whole spices also have several health benefits like cumin seeds are good for digestion, cinnamon has the ability to lower blood sugar levels, cardamom has diuretic properties, coriander fights bad cholesterol, dry red chilies have antioxidant properties, and a lot more.
Get The Best Quality Fresh Indian Grocery Delivered from TajSpices
In the e-store of TajSpices, you will find a wide range of Indian spices in their whole form – cardamom, mace, cloves, cumin seeds, sesame seeds, kalonji, chili whole, coriander, pepper, fennel seeds, mustard seeds, fenugreek, bay leaves, star anise, nutmeg, etc.