To get the maximum health benefits from food, you need to pay extra attention to choosing each and every morsel that you intake. Making a proper dietary plan is very important so as to ensure that you are eating healthy. You can cook healthy and nutrition-rich Indian foods at home by shopping for groceries from the Indian grocery store nearby – TajSpices.
Do You Know the Importance of Eating Fiber-rich Foods?
Fibers, like other essential nutrients, are necessary for a healthy metabolism. Consuming fiber-rich foods help your body in various ways –
- Fibers promote weight loss. Fibers slow down the digestion process in the stomach and this makes you feel fuller for a longer period of time.
- Fibers help lower the blood cholesterol and blood sugar levels
- Fibers add bulk to the stool as fibers cannot be digested by the body, stimulate the intestines, and fight constipation.
- Fibers also reduce the risk of gastrointestinal cancer.
- Fibers feed the friendly gut bacteria and this leads to a number of health benefits.
6 fiber-rich Foods that You can Purchase from TajSpices, the Popular Asian Grocery Store Near Me
There are numerous fruits, vegetables, and other food items that have high fiber content. Here, we are listing 6 major fiber-rich food items that you can easily find near you.
- Beans and lentils – Beans and lentils are not only rich sources of protein but also, fibers. Kidney beans and soybeans, especially, are very good for health. You can add them to your soups, stews, and salads. Lentils and most other legumes are also very rich sources of fiber.
- Whole grains – It’s always good to consume whole grains. Bread made of whole grains, brown rice, oats, wheat pasta, etc., provide adequate fiber to the body.
- Dried Fruits – Dates, figs, prunes, etc., are high in fiber content. These dried fruits help in fighting constipation.
- Apples – Considered to be one of the healthiest fruits, apples (both red and green ones) are a great source of fiber as well. An apple contains about 4 grams of fiber and this helps in lowering cholesterol.
- Potatoes – Here’s good news for all potato lovers! Almost every variety of potatoes, sweet, red, purple, and the plain regular potatoes with skin – all are very good sources of fiber. Baked potatoes with skin are also high in fiber content.
- Nuts – Apart from being great sources of protein and healthy fats, nuts (both raw and dry-roasted) also have good quantities of fiber.
Even certain snacks like popcorn, are a great source of fiber. Not to wonder why popcorn is called the “King of Snack Foods”.
You can buy the above-mentioned and many other varieties of fiber-rich foods from the online Indian grocery near me in the UK – TajSpices.