Madras Curry Powder is a fiery blend of ground spices, including cayenne chili pepper and roasted coriander seed, combined with mustard seeds and coriander leaf. It is used in sauces, marinades and to create intensely flavored oil. "Madras" style flavorer has some heat there too , so use it conservatively in your dishes. Besides adding to a standard curry, increase yogurt, marinades, sweet potatoes, stuffing, and cheese sauces.
A Madras Curry is often cooked with meat or made simply with vegetables or lentils. Try adding some sliced pieces of aubergines to the present curry, it works a treat! Add this at the same time as the meat. Common sorts of meat may include lamb, beef, chicken, or goat although, in Britain, chicken is the preferred choice with this sort of curry. You can make your Madras a day or two in advance, to be reheated when required. The flavors will develop and mature, and the spicy taste will be even more delicious!
Madras Curry may be a spice blend typical of areas around Chennai, India.
- Low heat than the hot curry, less sweetness than the mild.
- This blend is richer and deeper and a little smoky.
- "Curry" try it in marinades, soups, and braised meats.
- Delivery charges will be calculated automatically and applied to your order during the checkout process, or alternatively quoted by us.
- Applicable delivery charges will depend upon the delivery method you select, the location of the delivery address, and the size and weight of the products in your order.
|Order Value||Weight||Delivery Charge|
|Over £50.00||Up to 25 KG||Free|
|Over £50.00||25 - 32 KG||£3.89|
|Over £50.00||32 - 38 KG||£7.89|
|Over £50.00||38 - 45 KG||£14.99|
|Less than £50.00||Up to 25 KG||£5.89|
|Less than £50.00||25 - 38 KG||£9.99|
|Less than £50.00||38 - 45 KG||£14.99|
Due to specific handling and our delivery restrictions, we can only deliver up to 45 KG maximum in any order.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.