String Hopper Flour is also known as¬†Red Rice Flour. It has been prepared from ground red rice and commonly used for the preparation of String Hoppers (Sri Lankan noodle preparation), Dosai, Roti, Hoppers, and the favorite Puttu.¬† Red rice is aromatic whole grain rice with elongated, red grains that obtain their natural pigment from the plant. The rice grain is ground to obtain red rice flour which is red and very fragrant.
String Hopper Flour is rich in iron and vitamin, which together help in the production of RBC (red blood corpuscles) in our body, which is considered as an essential element for good skin health. The antioxidants in the rice may help in fighting free radicals, which protect our skin from premature aging.
- It should be added to wheat flour at 20% and is ideal for preparing bread, cakes, and fresh pasta.
- Red rice is a variety of rice that is colored red by its anthocyanin content.
- It is usually eaten unhulled or partially hulled and has a red husk, rather than the more common brown.
- Compared to polished rice, it has the highest nutritional value of rice eaten with the germ intact.
- Red rice has a nutty flavor.
- Delivery charges will be calculated automatically and applied to your order during the checkout process, or alternatively quoted by us.
- Applicable delivery charges will depend upon the delivery method you select, the location of the delivery address, and the size and weight of the products in your order.
|Order Value||Weight||Delivery Charge|
|Over £50.00||Up to 25 KG||Free|
|Over £50.00||25 - 32 KG||£3.89|
|Over £50.00||32 - 38 KG||£7.89|
|Over £50.00||38 - 45 KG||£14.99|
|Less than £50.00||Up to 25 KG||£5.89|
|Less than £50.00||25 - 38 KG||£9.99|
|Less than £50.00||38 - 45 KG||£14.99|
Due to specific handling and our delivery restrictions, we can only deliver up to 45 KG maximum in any order.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.