Methi Leaves are an annual herb with a slightly sweet, nutty flavor often described as a cross between celery and maple. Use fenugreek to season savory meats, like chicken or pork, and vegetables. Starting out with a small amount-too much will cause a bitter taste. Fenugreek leaves are rich in vitamin B, vitamin A and vitamin C , and are a storehouse of minerals like potassium, calcium, and iron.
The best way to mask the bitterness of the Methi Leaves is to blanch them along with some salt and squeeze in a little lemon juice in boiling water for a minute, refresh in chilled water to avoid carryover cooking, and then use it. In South Asian cooking, the leaves, both fresh and dried, are used to flavor curries, dals, and all sorts of vegetarian dishes. The fresh leaves, referred to as Shanbalileh in Farsi, also are an important ingredient in Persian cooking, and that we use them to flavor stews, make soups and salads.
- Methi leaves are small in size growing along slender, green stems that reach 25-50 centimeters in height.
- The oblong to rounded leaflets grow in clusters of three and are thin and delicate.
- Methi is available year-round, with a peak season during the summer through early fall.
- Methi consists of some iron, copper, vitamin C, potassium, fiber, and manganese.
- Delivery charges will be calculated automatically and applied to your order during the checkout process, or alternatively quoted by us.
- Applicable delivery charges will depend upon the delivery method you select, the location of the delivery address, and the size and weight of the products in your order.
|Order Value||Weight||Delivery Charge|
|Over £50.00||Up to 25 KG||Free|
|Over £50.00||25 - 32 KG||£3.89|
|Over £50.00||32 - 38 KG||£7.89|
|Over £50.00||38 - 45 KG||£14.99|
|Less than £50.00||Up to 25 KG||£5.89|
|Less than £50.00||25 - 38 KG||£9.99|
|Less than £50.00||38 - 45 KG||£14.99|
Due to specific handling and our delivery restrictions, we can only deliver up to 45 KG maximum in any order.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.