Semolina is coarse pale-yellow flour ground from hard durum wheat and used to make traditional pasta. It can also be used to make pizza, bread, and biscuit doughs as well as gnocchi. The term also applies to a British milk pudding, in which semolina is cooked slowly in milk and sweetened with sugar.¬† You will probably be able to find semolina in your regular grocery store, right next to the all-purpose flour.
The main difference you may be able to see is that semolina is a good bit coarser than traditional flour, and maybe darker and more golden in color (but this will depend on the specific varieties).¬† IS SEMOLINA HEALTHY? As we suggested, it's considered a high-protein flour (21 grams of protein per cup vs 16 grams of protein per cup for regular flour, per the USDA) and it also packs higher concentrations of minerals like iron, zinc, potassium, and phosphorus.
- This is roasted, coarse semolina (wheat) grain that is used to make a South Indian dish called "Upma."
- When dal turns golden brown, add chopped onions, green chilies, and ginger. Saute until onions turn transparent.
- There are two central types of semolina sold on the general market.
- Durum semolina, made from hard wheat and soft wheat semolina, also known as farina or by the trade name Cream of Wheat, is used as a hot breakfast cereal and for desserts such as semolina milk pudding.
- Delivery charges will be calculated automatically and applied to your order during the checkout process, or alternatively quoted by us.
- Applicable delivery charges will depend upon the delivery method you select, the location of the delivery address, and the size and weight of the products in your order.
|Order Value||Weight||Delivery Charge|
|Over £50.00||Up to 25 KG||Free|
|Over £50.00||25 - 32 KG||£3.89|
|Over £50.00||32 - 38 KG||£7.89|
|Over £50.00||38 - 45 KG||£14.99|
|Less than £50.00||Up to 25 KG||£5.89|
|Less than £50.00||25 - 38 KG||£9.99|
|Less than £50.00||38 - 45 KG||£14.99|
Due to specific handling and our delivery restrictions, we can only deliver up to 45 KG maximum in any order.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.