Ground Rice is a coarser version of rice flour and is used in Indian cookery mainly for making idlis and dosas - steamed rice pudding and a rice pancake. Can also be used for a variety of puddings and sweets. Ground rice is used in baking to enrich pastry, cakes, and biscuits and is used in a similar way to flour. It is often mixed with flour or ground almonds in recipes.
Use your blender to grind the Ground Rice in 1/2 cup increments. Spring with the pulse setting, allowing the rice to settle in between 3-second pulses. While the rice has broken down into small granules, blend on high until the texture is powder-fine. Repeat this method until all the rice has been finely ground. Ground Rice is an excellent food source, low in fat, and high in starchy carbohydrates. Rice is packed full of vitamins and minerals and provides an excellent source of vitamin E, B vitamins (thiamin, niacin), and potassium.
- Ground Rice can be used in a kind of puddings
- A substitute for some of the flour in most cake and biscuit
- Delicious and perfect for hot or cold puddings and desserts
- You can substitute either Semolina or ground almonds for ground rice, but if you choose ground almonds then your cake can be a little dry.
- Delivery charges will be calculated automatically and applied to your order during the checkout process, or alternatively quoted by us.
- Applicable delivery charges will depend upon the delivery method you select, the location of the delivery address, and the size and weight of the products in your order.
|Order Value||Weight||Delivery Charge|
|Over £50.00||Up to 25 KG||Free|
|Over £50.00||25 - 32 KG||£3.89|
|Over £50.00||32 - 38 KG||£7.89|
|Over £50.00||38 - 45 KG||£14.99|
|Less than £50.00||Up to 25 KG||£5.89|
|Less than £50.00||25 - 38 KG||£9.99|
|Less than £50.00||38 - 45 KG||£14.99|
Due to specific handling and our delivery restrictions, we can only deliver up to 45 KG maximum in any order.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.