Couscous is a versatile crushed durum wheat semolina ingredient that can add elegance to any dish. You can find the staple pasta-like product in various Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, and North African cuisines. What you might not know is there three common types of couscous, ranging in size and texture. It’s one of the easiest, fastest, most versatile side dishes you can make. And it’s especially wonderful with stews or saucy main dishes.
Couscous is made from semolina wheat and tastes nutty and sweet when cooked. The couscous that most of us pick up at the local grocery store is actually instant couscous, which is couscous that has already been steamed and dried for us. It only needs to be mixed with boiling water and allowed to sit undisturbed for a few minutes before being ready to eat. This is the kind we’re cooking with here.
- To start, bring the cooking liquid (preferably a flavorful chicken or vegetable broth) to a boil in a medium pot.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil, a pad of butter, and a little salt.
- Popular in Moroccan cuisine, couscous can be prepared and served at any meal because of its versatility.
- Couscous is actually a tiny, round pasta made from whole wheat semolina flour
- Delivery charges will be calculated automatically and applied to your order during the checkout process, or alternatively quoted by us.
- Applicable delivery charges will depend upon the delivery method you select, the location of the delivery address, and the size and weight of the products in your order.
|Order Value||Weight||Delivery Charge|
|Over £50.00||Up to 25 KG||Free|
|Over £50.00||25 - 32 KG||£3.89|
|Over £50.00||32 - 38 KG||£7.89|
|Over £50.00||38 - 45 KG||£14.99|
|Less than £50.00||Up to 25 KG||£5.89|
|Less than £50.00||25 - 38 KG||£9.99|
|Less than £50.00||38 - 45 KG||£14.99|
Due to specific handling and our delivery restrictions, we can only deliver up to 45 KG maximum in any order.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.