Glutinous rice is a type of rice grown mainly in Southeast and East Asia, Northeastern India and Bhutan which has opaque grains, very low amylose content, and is especially sticky when cooked. It is widely consumed across Asia.
Glutinous rice is essential to Asian desserts from Japanese mochi to Thai mango sticky rice, and its unique starch content requires a different cooking process than that of other types of rice. Sticky rice (Oryza sativa glutinosa), also known as glutinous rice or sweet rice, is any type of rice that is high in amylopectin starch and low in amylose starch. Sticky rice is also high in dextrin and maltose. There are different varieties of sticky rice—from long-grain to short-grain and white to purple. When cooked, grains of sticky rice stick together in a single mass.
- Thai sticky rice is a tasty
- Sweet rice that does a great job of filling the stomach
- Sticky rice can be purchased at Asian food stores.
- Also known as glutinous rice or sweet rice, this type of grain sticks together when cooked.
- Delivery charges will be calculated automatically and applied to your order during the checkout process, or alternatively quoted by us.
- Applicable delivery charges will depend upon the delivery method you select, the location of the delivery address, and the size and weight of the products in your order.
|Order Value||Weight||Delivery Charge|
|Over £50.00||Up to 25 KG||Free|
|Over £50.00||25 - 32 KG||£3.89|
|Over £50.00||32 - 38 KG||£7.89|
|Over £50.00||38 - 45 KG||£14.99|
|Less than £50.00||Up to 25 KG||£5.89|
|Less than £50.00||25 - 38 KG||£9.99|
|Less than £50.00||38 - 45 KG||£14.99|
Due to specific handling and our delivery restrictions, we can only deliver up to 45 KG maximum in any order.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.